Thursday, July 14, 2011

Interviews and whatnot!

So it seems as tho I haven't wrote on here in almost a month, my bad.  There's been times when I start to write and then time just get away from me and I end of skipping on  the blog.  Not much of anything has been going on in our lives.  I have been working... A LOT.  We celebrated Alex's 28th birthday on the 6th.  We spent the fourth enjoying our time together.  I think that pretty much sums of what I didn't blog about. 

I guess I should feel a sense of blessing I have a job that on most days I love but before I was getting lots of hours at work I applied and interviewed someplace else.  The interview was odd to me for several reasons.  First and foremost they asked me 3 times how old I was like it determined my ability to do my job.  Second, they complained about new nurses! Hello?! I am a new nurse technically! Third, they complained about the administrator and director of nursing.  If you need someone to work here you should not complain about upper management.  Fourth, no one wanted the responsibility of hiring me "just in case you suck." Umm alright then.  So I pretty much wrote this company off as being a place I would ever consider working for, that was 3 weeks ago.  However, they must love me.  Since then I have received 5 phone calls asking me if I wanted the job, what hours  I want and when I would be available.  Hmmm seriously?! A job interview is not all about them interviewing me, its also for me to see if its a company I could consider working for! Since when has that changed? Or am I the only one who thinks that?!


Anyways... I hope you all are having a wonderful summer! I have 5 days off in a row because I worked too much and they prefer not to pay overtime :) Of course I am recovering from strep so it's probably a good thing to be off for a few days! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment