Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Natural Disasters

Life is full of many life changing events and as natural disasters are occurring rapidly around our country my heart cries out for those with love ones loves, homes destroyed and a sense of longing for the days before everything changed.  As people run to help those in need my heart yearns to be on the road headed in that direction.  It's just a part of who I am.  I don't think that will ever change. 

My husband willingly accepts that's part of who I am and knows if called I will serve. Katrina was before we were together so he missed my calls home with tears in my eyes at how bad it was.  How so many people were without homes.  So when I see the coverage on the news of Joplin, MO or the more recent storms of last night, he doesn't understand why my heart starts racing and tears fill my eyes.  I can only imaging what those are going through.  I can only pray for them and that the storms cease to devastation to so many lives.  It's heartbreaking. 

I challenge those that can give to give unselfishly and those who can't to pray faithfully!  God will see our country through these trying times and He will always be there through the storms.

Here's some links if you would like to donate:

American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund Online Donations

Text REDCROSS to 90999 to Give $10

Joplin MO Ozark- Red Cross fro more information

Ohio Disaster Relief Ministries


 
 
Just a reminder to stay safe!  Have a plan of what you would do if a storm is heading your way... if you're not sure where you should go or where the safest place in your home would be do some research before it's to late.  Listen to the news and when a warning or watch is issued take it seriously.  (You might be missing your favorite shows during the news interruptions but it just might safe your life or someone you love!)  Know the signs of impending weather and if you're out seek shelter! If traveling know your car is not safe and will not protect you from a tornado and driving through high water is never a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment