Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This season

As you all know... well if you read me regularly... I have a lot going on in my life right now, but I have come to the realization that we all go through these seasons and times in our lives where we just don't have time.  In this season in my life I have learned to:
-Say "No"
No to hanging out to friends and family.  No to doing extra things for other people.

- To prioritize.
In nursing this is a huge deal but in life its never been a strength of mine... No ABC's for daily living!

-To stop worrying.
Life is hard, school and work make it even harder.  I joke with Alex all the time, I don't know what we would do if we already had kids right now.  Life happens on God's terms and not our own... I am learning why one day at a time!

-To plan.
My days, weeks and months ahead are already planned out for me.  I like it because I don't have to stress about much other than finding time to do everything on the list.

-To take a break.
This is coming more and more important to me.  Too much time spent in nursing books, lectures and clinicals leads to burn out. 

-To live in the moment.
My favorite thing about clinicals and the opportunities to see and do things that have never been an option before, however, a moment of hesitation and that opportunity is gone down the hall, through the doors and out of sight.  Living in the moment means saying yes to new experiences and opportunities and diving in head first! Living in the moment has allowed me to see surgeries, hold babies, wipe tears, hold hand and care from the heart with all of my being!


This season of my life is coming to an end but I have learned 6 things that will greatly help me in my future and I am so thankful for that.  Not to mention all the knowledge I have gained and the friends I have made.



Today.... I am taking a break, living in the moment, making my hubby my priority, not worrying about anything, saying no to school work and plan on doing absolutely nothing except whatever we want!

1 comment: