Monday, January 10, 2011

Been Slacking

Sorry for not posting much lately, have been slacking on blogging lately.  So many other things are going on right now I barely have time to relax and when I can relax I find myself cuddling on the couch with my loves watching Netflix.  There's not really much new going on just focusing on school and life.  In general all is well. 

I do have some positive things to share that occurred over the last five days as I was MIA. 
-Kindness works.  Alex and I decided to play the kindness card with different situations in our live that we have no control over.  This kindness can take all forms but mostly it is opening up lost communication and keeping those lines open regardless.  It has seemed to help for the most part but we will know soon just how well it is helping the situations. 
-Getting back into church has helped with our negativity.  Alex and I come from very different religious backgrounds. I was Pentecostal and he Catholic now we both are Baptist and are members of a Southern Baptist Church.  Negativity takes all form but mostly ours is being aggravated my little things.  Going to church has reminded us of what and Who is really important and to stop rushing to get to the next point.  Reading the bible and praying has led us to a better understanding of all of God's promises to us.  We may not be where we want to be just yet but God is forever faithful!
- Cardio Test One is Complete! YAY! This test has been haunting me since the week before Christmas and I am so thrilled that it is finally over! Now Cardio test two is next week.  So done with this cardio stuff... Cardiomyopathy, Hypertension, CVA, MI, Angina, Hemo and all the many other things that goes with it has totally fried my brain!
-I love clinicals! I can honestly say that Thursdays are the days that I look forward to the most! I do miss Alex for those 12 hours but I learn so much that I can't even begin to explain.  I love being able to help people and working in the hospital and learning all the different aspects that goes into to patient care, it works like a well oiled machine! I had the opportunity to go around with a Social Work to see what they actually did for part of the day, of course take care of my patient, assist with others and a few other boring health care things!
-Flowers smell lovely and are beautiful! I have an amazing husband and maybe that's why I feel so lucky to be able to be who I am and not feel guilty about being gone for 12 hours a few days a week.  He always finds a way just to make sure I know just how much he loves me, even when I cant give 100% to him!  The other night I was blessed to come home to flowers after a long clinical day! He loves me, he loves me, he loves me! Oh... and I love him too :)

Now its time for a nap...too much studying and not enough resting has me worn out... not to mention I have a long night ahead of me!

Happy Monday! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment