Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Live Deeply Wk 2

"Looks Can Be Deceiving" Matthew 13:24-43

I really needed this lesson this week.  Sometimes it's extremely difficult for me to forgive those that hurt me and the ones I love.  Not that I plot revenge but the forgiveness that I should readily give isn't there when it should be. (More on this situation later in the post.)

"Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.  But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared." Matthew 13:24-26

"So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field?  How then does it have tares?' He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.'  The servants said to him, 'So you want us then to go and gather them up?' But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.  Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, 'First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn." Matthew 13:27-30

These two passages have really spoken to me about how I have let weeds (tares-sins) grow in my life to a point where it is now past due the harvest.  My biggest sin that I have a hard time with is forgiveness or unforgiving.  I do not get along with my husband's parents.  I have not said a word to them in a year other than through an email asking them here to visit because they haven't seen my hubby since we got married.  There's been many things said that have truly hurt me deep down to the point where I have spend a day in bed. (My skin is usually tough but there's only so much this girl can take.)  I have forgiven them with God's help over and over again however I still don't have a relationship with them like I had always dreamed of having.  (You know like when your dreaming of your perfect little life and both families come over for the holidays and chit chat about absolutely nothing.)  So the verse that truly got me in this study and was my wake up call is Mark 11:25 (READ IT!), I need to forgive everyone so that I may also be forgiven.  WOW, That's just so deep for me... and also the fact that unforgiving usually leads to unnecessary heartache to both parties.

Lord, I pray that you will help me to forgive and guide me to restored relationships.

{This is just my personal view, God speaks to us all in different ways. Always read the word and examine God's truths for your own personal benefit.}

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote a post on forgiveness. It can be hard but it is so divine.

    ReplyDelete