Thursday, August 26, 2010

Old Treasures

I asked my mom a while back if she had any canning jars because I was wanting something to store homemade salsa in. She went out to the barn and came back with 2 of these blue tinted "Ball Ideal" canning jars complete with rusted metal clasp to close it.  Now I remember canning while growing up an uncountable number of cans of tomato juice, corn and beans and not once do I remember using these wonderful jars!
So I cleaned them and refinished the metal clasps to make them rust free and am now using them for odd little things in the kitchen, such as a place to store elbow macaroni.  I'm sure there's a million old treasures around my parents house but I really like using these jars... makes me feels a little more connected to the country, tho I don't have a garden to can stuff from!

{If you haven't done so already click here and enter the giveaway I'm hosting!}

1 comment: