Monday, December 28, 2009

Our First Christmas!

What a wonderful day! Started off by me getting off work at seven am and coming home to my amazing husband and excited little puppy, you would have thought she understood what day it was…but then again maybe she did. We cuddled on the couch with our family Bible to read the true Christmas story of Jesus’ birth in Bethlehem. It’s officially our first family tradition, one that I don’t think could be more appropriate since He of course is the one who made each of us and saved us for His glory. We then opened Christmas presents. Which was fun, as I think opening gifts always is, followed by showers and a two hour drive to my parent’s house for Christmas dinner and more presents. I truly have an amazing family, though we might not always see eye to eye, I know just how blessed I am to have each one of them in my life! It was so nice finally getting to see Sophie and Joseph on Christmas day, oh how we love those little kids! We then came home and went to bed for a few hours since I worked the night before and volunteered to work the night shift of Christmas, I am very thankful for a job I enjoy however; I greatly miss sleeping next to my husband when I am working. I really enjoyed the extra time spent with Alex! I think every day I fall a little more in love with this wonderful man and I can’t imagine a moment of my life without him by my side. I can honestly say that this first Christmas as husband and wife is full of wonderful memories. I look forward to all the many holidays this upcoming year holds for us, I also look forward to making many more family traditions together!
I hope each of you had a wonderful blessed Christmas filled with many memories and moments that took your breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment