Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

Ten years ago our country was attacked. When the planes hit the World Trade centers I was sitting in the library of my high school for media research class. We were glued to the new that morning. I was in shock of what had just occurred. We had read about previous attacks our country had taken part in or had been the victim of but nothing in the history books could have prepared for what we would face that day. My brother had just left two weeks prior for basic training, my junior year of high school had just began and now uncertainty was all that I felt. No idea what would happen next or why someone would choose to attack our country in an inconceivable way... But they did. In the coming days, weeks and years we would grieve for this horrible attack and all the loved ones lost.

In the past ten years my life has changed greatly. I am now a nurse, married and thinking about our future together. Life has moved on, as it must or we will cease to live on. Things have changed greatly in many ways, but one thing I will never forget is what happened on September 11th, 2001.



Much love.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment