Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time well spent...


Some choices we make drastically change our lives. Some of those choices we are proud of and others not so much. One of the best decisions I ever made was to go to nursing school. It wasn't a choice that I made solely on my own, Alex and I talked for several months about it before we got married and then several times once I was in the nursing program, but without a doubt it was a wise choice. It has changed not only my life but also Alex's. Things we once thought would never happen have been happening, we are closer as a family than we have ever been and are continuing to grow as individuals on a daily basis.

Now being a nurse is not easy. Death is not something I deal well with and working in geriatrics it occurs more frequently than I like. There's been moments when I leave work with tears streaming down my face because it's been a rough night or two. With all of that at the end of the day I still love my job and what I do. I feel I have a confidence which I didn't have before when working and I know that the decisions I make can impact someone else. Not to mention the freedom with my finances which I felt would never occur and living with supportive parents has greatly helped with that.

Life is good! Hope you all are well! Much love!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment