Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Right Person

A couple years ago when Alex and I were just dating, when we lived two hours apart and would meet in the middle for dinner and time together after 8 hours of work for me and class for him, it was difficult.  We struggled a lot during that time arguing about seeing each other or not seeing each other.  It was stressful to live that far away and be in a committed relationship where all we wanted to do was be together.  Well, on one of those days, I was running late from leaving work to meet him in Oxford, was stressed from the day I had, lack of sleep from the night before and just really wanting nothing more than to relax.  But the moment I seen Alex sitting in his car at Wally World waiting for me with a big smile on his face I knew that it was worth every moment.  He then surprised me with flowers and a movie, just to make my day! To think I thought I loved him then.

I knew Alex was the right person for me on the third day I knew him.  Probably the moment that I told him I loved him and was like oops I didn't mean to say it, but I do mean it (I've always tended to say things and then think about what I just said).  He was always just the right one, it was something I feel and can't explain, that doesn't mean I didn't have moments of doubt and worry but when I was thinking about the rest of my life I couldn't bear to imagine anything without him by my side. 

That movie Alex brought me that night was Juno.  We had seen it at the movies a couple months before but he knew that I liked it and wanted me to have it.  My favorite quote from the movie is when Juno is talking to her dad about love:

"In my opinion, the best thing you can do is to find a person who loves you for exactly who you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person will still think that the sun shines out your ***. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."


Alex is that person and I am that person for him! Love and life is wonderful with all the imperfections and I have the kind of person that's worth sticking with! :)  The love I had for him on the third day and all those dates before doesn't even compare to the love I have for him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment