Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful to not be in the rain!

I just had to share that this has been a wonderful Thanksgiving! There's just something about spending the entire day with the love of my life that makes everything else a little better.  This was the first year without grandma there, it was tough and she was greatly missed but definitely not forgotten.  I made her famous dumplings and they turned out exactly the way she used to make them which is what I had hoped for, even though the recipe I received wasn't exact and my mom had to clarify exactly what grandma did they were delicious! We had an early meal and then visited with everyone for a bit before heading home.  It rained... and rained some more, but in spite of the rain we enjoyed our travels and talked a lot which is something we really needed to do together.  Home around 5 and have been watching movies, just the three of us cuddling on the couch in our pjs!

We did run to the store and I just have to mention there are people standing out in the rain all the way around Best Buy and Toys R Us! WHAT THE HECK! Its cold and rainy and people are standing outside waiting for the store to open!? Nonsense! I did my shopping online in the comfort of my nice warm home but to each their own! Someone should go sell coffee and hot chocolate!

Thankful for today!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment