Saturday, October 2, 2010

Julie and Julia

Julie and Julia is one of my all time favorite movies.  Starz is free this weekend on out dish so I begged my hubby to let us watch this instead of The Rookie and because his movie started an hour before we were sitting down to watch tv I won! Not that I needed it to be on tv to watch it because he bought the dvd as a Christmas gift to me last year but it just seemed easier that it was on tv. 

Julie & Julia Poster

So I love this movie for many reasons... mostly because I wish I had the time and energy to cook like the ladies in the movie do and mostly because it all looks so yummy!  I also like it partly for the adventures that Julia experiences in France.  Makes my heart yearn to be a world traveler even more so than it did in the past. 

So if you havent taken the time to watch this movie and you enjoy cooking, history, and travel you need to sit, relax and enjoy this movie!  Also pick up the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child and cook something from it! Maybe on the same day! My fav is the Boeuf Bourguignon!

No comments:

Post a Comment