Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Live Deeply Wk 1

"Lord, Give me ears to her and understand your word.  Give me a heart for the lost and a deeper desire to serve you in all that I do."

That is my prayer for today after studying my bible with the Live Deeply bible study.  The best way I can describe it is... WOW! I already feel a change.  The Word really can change worlds.  I already have been more positive.  I have been saved since February 2001.  I have attended christian conferences, bible studies, Sunday school, church sermons, concerts, participated in drama club, helped/supported a christian band and been on mission trips.  I have read my bible and done a variety of bible studies over the years, however every time I read passage, it always speaks to me in a different way. 

Lesson one's title is "Root Determines Fruit".  I have often thought I was rooted deep in God's word but I clearly was wrong.  This bible study is all about examining the way God speaks to us through parables.  How we should live our life without him coming straight out and saying... Do not do this but rather, a man did this and this is the result. 

"Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed.  As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.  Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil.  It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.  But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.  Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.  Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop - a hundred, sixty or thirty times that was sown.  He who has ears, let him hear." ~ Matthew 13:3-9 (NIV)

I've heard and read these verses many times before and yet this time it has spoken to me completely differently.  I think I fall into the good soil part but I haven't been watered and nurtured in the word the way I should be therefore my yield has not been what it should be or could be.  I have ears, let me hear.

{This is just my personal view, God speaks to us all in different ways.  Always read the word and examine God's truths for your own personal benefit.}

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Post! Thank you for sharing. I adore reading The Word every night before bed it brings joy and peace to know that God speaks to us daily.

    ReplyDelete