Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blind

"To be blind is bad, but worse is to have eyes and not to see." ~ Helen Adams Keller

This is the quote that is shared at the end of today's bible study.  How moving is it to think that even though I have eyes I have not been using them to see.  Yes I am bless with my earthy sight, I am blessed to see my family and spouse and to always remember their faces but I feel that sometimes my earthly sight closes out my spiritual sight, to see the Lord and to truly know him.  Not just to see the Lord but all the wonderful things that surround me on a daily base, the beauty of the world!

I was sitting outside tonight watching my nephew run up and down the hill behind our house (for what seemed like 100 times... oh just to have that much energy again!) I was looking up at the stars.  Stars are probably one of the biggest things I miss from living in the country.  To pull up in your drive way and just be surrounded by a million tiny stars.  In town its not so easy to see those tiny stars because the city lights drown them out, but what beauty they are. Only God could have created them and I had forgotten to look up and enjoy them from quite some time! 

Lord, I thank you for the stars!

2 comments:

  1. Hi me again. I just wanted to tell you that I just recieved your package in the mail yesterday. I love it all you are so sweet!!! The family shadow box looks amazing on my dining room wall. You are such a lovely person.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete