Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tis the season...


Christmastime is supposed to be about celebrating the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. However, in the hussle and bussle of life it seems as though Jesus takes a back seat to shopping malls and competing with the Jones. I come to see this as a reality tonight as we received a handfull of Christmas cards in the mail, I realize that many people have opted to not send them due to the increased cost of mailing the cards, however I tend to wonder why people send them. Is it so that your family will know you are doing well and to wish the ones you dont get to see on the holiday a joyous one, is it to be sure to out do your neighbors, or to make sure all your kids/grandkids pictures are on it together. We sent ours so that our family that we dont get to see would know that we were thinking about them on our first christmas together. I wonder when Christmas stopped being about Christ and began being about gifts and us. I forever want my family to always put Christ first in everything we do, not just as Christmas time when we celebrate His birth but also every other day of our lives. I never want to fall into the habit of just celebrating the holiday and not celebrating Christmas for what it is meant to be. I love my family and I feel that I wouldnt be fair to them if I let us celebrate anything other than Christmas for Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment